AIESEC in Kenya Through The Years
AIESEC in Kenya officially began in 1970 at the University of Nairobi.
In 1988, AIESEC Kenya hosted the first ever African Congress (AFCO), and in 1991, the first ever East and Southern Africa Leadership Development Seminar.
In 1992, the former president of AIESEC Kenya was selected to be the African Director in AIESEC International.
In 1994, AIESEC Kenya held the 2nd African Congress(AFCO) at Kenya Technical Training College (KTTC) under the theme “Youth and Human Rights: The Role of the Youth”.
- AIESEC Kenya hosted the 3rd East and Southern Africa Leadership Development Seminar (ESALDS 2000) at the Kenya College of Communication and Technology (KCCT) at Mbagathi under the theme “The 21st Century African Renaissance: Empowering the Youth”.
- AIESEC Kenya won its first UBS Award for Regional Excellence at International Congress 2000 held in Edinburgh, Scotland
- AIESEC Kenya hosted its first Annual Corporate Golf Day.
- Two AIESEC Kenya Alumni were inducted into the AIESEC International Alumni Hall of Fame:
- Mr. Mike Eldon – Executive Director Symphony Group
- Mr. Arthur Muliro – Society for International Development
In 2003, AIESEC Kenya won its second UBS Award for Regional Excellence from AIESEC International at the International Congress in Kapaonik Serbia and Montenegro. In addition to that:
AIESEC Strathmore University Local Committee Chapter was opened!!!
- AIESEC Kenya hosted its 4th African Exchange Programme and Leadership Development Seminar (AfroXLDS 2005). The conference was opened by His Excellency Vice President Moody Awori at KICC.
- AIESEC International President Rajiv Chandna visits Kenyafor the AfroXLDS 2005 Conference. This marks the 1st time a sitting PAI has visited the country and Africa.In 2006,AIESEC Kenya beginning the research about availability to open Rwanda.In 2007:
- AIESEC Kenya started AIESEC Rwanda in partnership with Belgium.
- One AIESEC Kenya Alumni was inducted into the AIESEC International Alumni Hall of Fame: Mr. Kent Libiso – Chairman.
In 2008, AIESEC Kenya won its 3rd UBS Award for Regional Excellence from AIESEC International at the International Congress in Brazil.
- AIESEC Kenya won its 4th UBS Award for Regional Excellence from at the International Congress in Malaysia.
- AIESEC Kenya was selected as the host of International Congress 2011.
In 2010, AIESEC Kenya surpassed 300 exchanges for first time in the history.
- AIESEC Kenya hosted International Congress 2011 for first time.
- Deo and John Simba were nominated for the Alumni Hall of Fame in IC 2011.
- AIESEC Kenya started a regional project with Ethiopia and Rwanda: “Entrepreneurship – Leadership Adventure” ( E- LEAD Adventure).
- AIESEC Kenya invented “Innovation Cafe Concept” and a specific e-newsletter for Alumni.
1. AIESEC Kenya launched KULEANA PROGRAM for GCDP ICX.
2. AIESEC Kenya won the first International Award Alumni in IPM 2012, Hungary.